JOB TITLE: SENIOR SOURCING SPECIALIST
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
• The Senior Sourcing Specialist will oversee the Sourcing Department and together with the team ensure that learners living with disabilities and/or abled bodied are sourced for a learnership program, with the correct entry requirements, per SETA and SDC client demographics.
• The Senior Sourcing Specialist will oversee the Sourcing Department and together with the team build a database of an available pool of suitable candidates for learnership programmes within SDC scope of accreditation/s.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• The Senior Sourcing Specialist must put together a detailed action plan in place on how his/her team intends to source learners.
• The Senior Sourcing Specialist’s action plan must show how it intends engaging with hospitals, disability centres, clinics, NPO’s, community outreach, social media platforms etc. to source suitable pool of abled bodies and persons with living with disabilities for SDC leaner database.
• Host in-house and external campaigns and/or career days from time to time, to reach disadvantaged communities.
• Host career day/s at high schools for learners who are unable to afford further education and development.
• Prepare an action plan on an intention of sourcing learners.
• Make use of the company allocated cellphone to create community whatsapp groups.
• Interact with current learners to promote the company brand.
• The Senior Sourcing Specialist must formulate evaluation techniques and strategies.
• Oversee the team and ensure that assessment tests times are adhered to.
• Ensure possible candidates have the correct documentation in place before writing an
The following documents must be collected before assessment test is written:
• All learner documents i.e., certified ID document, proof of residence, certified highest qualifications, proof of disability, bank statement, proof of income tax number (SARS)
• Maintain order on ground floor with students applying for a learnership, by advising students to queue in the designated lane. At the same time, ensure Covid-19 Regulations are adhered to.
• Make sure that assessment tests are completed within the allocated timeframe i.e., 09h30 to 10h30.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism when marking assessment tests, show no favouritism and/or bias.
• Maintain accuracy when issuing learners with a SDC internal tracking number.
• Accurately load the learner on the SDC learner database, which is found on the company
• The Senior Sourcing Specialist will oversee the induction process and ensure timelines are adhered too from the time the induction email is received, as below.
• Receive an induction email request from KAM which contains client information, demographics, SETA information, start date of the contract, proposed qualification.
• Attention to detail must be maintained when reading and understanding timelines as outline in the point above after the project has been allocated to the Sourcing Specialist.
• The Sourcing Specialist must form an internal working relationship with the allocated Seta Entry Rep, to confirm demographics and validation.
• The Sourcing Specialist together with the Seta Entry Rep must ensure that the learner is not studying outside SDC, is not repeating a learnership and/or is not on a current learnership.
• Timeously replace a learner who has not passed validation through the allocated SETA.
• Conduct induction within the SETA contract dates to avoid delaying other departments
within SDC Skills.
• Ensure that the Induction starts on time, at 09h00am, allowing enough time to accurately
check signed learner documents.
• Make sure that the Learner & Induction packs are accurately completed, paying special
attention to detail to these documents, as not to delay other departments within SDC Skills.
• Perform a quality check within the Sourcing Department with a fellow co-worker on learner & induction packs and supporting documents before handing over the file to the Admin Department.
• Update the learner database, which is found on the share drive, daily.
• Remove “placed” learner from the learner database and allocate he/she to the client project.
• Review the Project Planner daily to adhere to timelines and not delay other departments within SDC Skills.
• Prepare attendance registers for Induction days.
• Scan completed learner & induction packs together with the supporting documents to a portable drive, to obtain a copy for internal use.
• Prepare the client file for handover to the Admin Department, at the same time perform a final quality check using the checklist provided by the Admin Dept. before the file leaves the Sourcing Dept, while adhering to lead times.
• Project Coordinator
• Full Time Position
• Market related – To be discussed at interview level
• Three months (May be extended with another three (3) months)
START DATE: TBC
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2021 – Internal & External applicants
• Able to multi-task, prioritize and manage time efficiently.
• Excellent verbal, written communication, and presentation skills.
• Highly self-motivated and self-directed.
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Ability to function independently and under pressure and commit to deadlines.
• Good network abilities.
• Good Computer skills
• Familiar with social media sourcing
• Knowledge of various candidate evaluation techniques
• Have a sound knowledge of learnerships in a training environment
• 3 years’ experience in sourcing candidates for learnerships. – Graduate recruiting experience would be an advantage
• Demonstrate an experience in sourcing talent at different levels.
• 2/3 years in a management role
• Matric Grade 12 or equivalent
• The Senior Sourcing Specialist must have a valid driver’s licence with their own vehicle.